On this page are brief "rules" or "social etiquette guidelines" for the
board. We also have a General FAQ
which gets into more detail and answers additional questions including
those about how to maximize your usage of the software.
For information about hair care, longhair discrimination, and
other matters considered the "topic" of the board, see our
For a page giving credit to the site's creators, see our
This board is for posting about long hair on men. Any posting on this
subject that passes the rest of the rules is an allowable post.
- Most of the rules can be summarized: Stay on topic, and be courteous.
- Read the board before posting to get an idea of the flavor of the site.
- Pick a handle or use your name and stick to it.
- Do not include message content in a handle. For example, don't respond
to a post using a "creative" handle name. The subject line may be used for
this purpose if constrained to only a few words.
- Do not use someone else's handle.
- Do not use foul language. This site is intended for all audiences. Repeated
offenses may subject the poster to be banned from the board. Disguising foul
language is considered to be worse than simply using foul language because the
language is still apparent and there's additionally an intent to deceive.
- If you have a picture, use the image field in the posting form to include
a link to your picture. These pictures will add significantly to the content.
Unless you explicitly state in your message otherwise, submitting a picture
in this way constitutes your agreement to have the picture included in a future
gallery or members list page.
- Posting of fantasy is permitted -- however it must be clearly identified
as being fantasy.
- When responding to a post, make sure your reply is consistent with the
head of the thread. If your topic has nothing to do with the original
thread, start a new thread.
- If you have a problem with a post, contact
the moderation crew for resolution so the board does not get cluttered.
- Ladies are welcome here. However, the conversation must stay on topic.
Illustrating hair styles with female pictures is fine, for example, if the
attached message refers to some aspect of hair style on men. However, if a
male picture that illustrates the point just as well is also available,
please use it instead.
- This board is not a matchmaking center. No personal ads. The
philosophy here is that if you want someone to contact you, include your
e-mail address on appropriate posts. If anyone is interested in you, they
may contact you directly.
- Feel free to contact authors of posts directly by e-mail. However, please
- FLAMES: If you are flamed on the board or if someone else is, do
not respond to the poster on the board. Contact
the moderation crew with any complaints.
- SPAM: Same comment as for FLAMES.