Posted by Ken in SF (other posts) on October 14, 2020 at 03:26:11 Previous Next
Hello fellow hair-farmers,
Most of the long-term members of MLHH know me quite well; but a few of you are new to me, as well as visa-versa...
Ken's MLHH history in-a-nutshell:
1) I first discovered this hyperboard in the fall of 2003, gradually getting more & more active by the winter of '04, eventually becoming a "regular" by spring;
2) my good friend, the late Bill Choisser (who wrote "ON BEING A LONGHAIR" -- as well as was a long-time Moderator and MLHH Tech Wizard), helped me to set up my own website, including taking a lot of the pics for my fun Hair Page... which I regret to inform everyone here that I unfortunately let that website go (long story...)....
3) Sometime during that same year (2004), I was honored to be asked if I would join the Moderating Crew. My fellow MLHH Moderators who still remember me from that era can verify: I was hands-down THE most computer-stupid Moderator that MLHH has ever had on their team! But, I *do* have long hair; plus, I can type... I also inherited my grandmother's sharp tongue (but try not to scold people too often with it - LOL)!
4) My handle originally used to be "Longhaired Urban Cowboy" (eventually shortened to just "Urban Cowboy") -- I used to go out C&W dancing a lot back then, including was Sundance Saloon's longtime West Coast Swing dance teacher here in San Francisco.
5) I resigned from being on the Moderating Crew in late 2007. Then a few years later, changed my handle to just, "Ken in SF".
Since I don't know how to post any of my more recent pics, -- because they're all on my cell phone (reminder: I'm well known for my computer-stupidity AND cell phone stupidity) -- I'll have to share some older pics of me, which hopefully I still remember how to upload - LOL)....
If I succeed in posting the first pic of my hair, I believe that selfie was taken in January of 2011, at San Francisco's Ocean Beach -- enjoy!